Saturday 20 May 2017

Postcards for the Weekend: Traditional Festivals

BR-271063 
Postcrossing card from Brasil, 2013 (BR-27063)
São Paolo – Carnaval – Sambódromo

TW-1047478
Postcrossing card from Taiwan, 2013 (TW-1047478)
Night Market

LT-439757
Postcrossing card from Lithuania, 2015 (LT-439757)
Lithuanian folk dance with hats

Borås Summer Thursday
This card is one that I have sent to a few people in Postcrossing. It shows a summer evening concert in the main square in my own town. Thursday nights in the month of July = free public concerts in the square. The surrounding stores also keep open late on those nights. The main attraction, starting after the shops close, is usually some fairly well-known band or singer (preceded by opening acts by promising local talents). I have rarely attended these “late night” events myself. But in general they are popular with a lot of people.

Postcards for the Weekend

Postcards for the weekend 38 – Traditional festival

7 comments:

  1. That's quite a crowd at the Boras concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind to receive that postcard from the concert! Actually, all these postcards are very nice. I like the theme, because people in festivals have a great time, so they appear always happy on the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the Thursday night festivals during July also taking place when it rains? I imagine they are very popular in general, what with there being long hours of daylight in Sweden that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they have night shows here to and i am glad i don't live close enough to hear it when they do since we go to bed so early

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been very curious about the Brazilian carnival.I always imagine this to be as animated and colorful as it is shown in the animated film, Rio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A postcard weekend, I love it!! My favorite is the first one, it is wonderful. How I would love to go to Boras on a Thursday evening! Browse through the shops a bit and listen to the band. That is a lot of people! What is your population anyway? I always thought of Boras as rather a sleepy little town, but now I am thinking, especially with all the art, that it is much larger. Our population is between 20,000 and 30,000.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a popular concert. Presumably it attracts people from a good way around Borås.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...