Saturday 24 June 2017

Postcards for the Weekend - Iconic Person


Gandalf
from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings"

Postcrossing card from Russia, April 2017
(Illustration by Andrei Arinouchkine)


Hagrid
from J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter"
(played by actor Robbie Coltrane in the films)
Postcrossing card from Japan, May 2017
 

Searching only among this year's Postcrossing cards, I come up with these two iconic fictional characters who have become famous all over the world and loved by people of all ages - even though neither of them is even the main character in the story they appear in.


9 comments:

  1. Have you seen The Lord Of The Rings?I think it is on 4 D.V.D.'s We watched it a few months ago and it is excellent. So of course I like the Gandolf one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ginny, I have both read the books and seen the films more than once! (first time I read the books were in my late teens, I think)

      Delete
  2. these are pretty cool.. have never seen Potter or Lord of the rings but have seen ads enough times to know who they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I was also thinking when I put together this post that even people who neither read the books nor saw the films will probably recognize these characters!

      Delete
  3. Two splendid characters portrayed in the films by two splendid actors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a LOTR fan although I "had to" watch the films with my husband after I gave him the DVD box set for Christmas years ago, and so I am of course familiar with Gandalf.
    As for Hagrid, yes, he is one of those characters who, in spite of them not being the main character of a story, are much loved by readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Love these two characters indeed! Hagrid is one of my early favorites from the series.

    PS, well noted your suggestion on extending the time span of the linky :) Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...