![]() |
| Wednesday 16 September, 19:06 |
![]() |
| Wednesday 16 September, 19:26 |
The two photos were taken only 20 minutes apart the same evening (from my balcony).
We're in a period of quickly shifting weather this week. Today after lunch the sun was shining, and I decided to go for a short walk to the nearest small convenience shop, just to buy some fresh fruit. When I got out of there, the sky still had a lot of blue in it...
... and I reckoned I'd be able to prolong the walk back home a little bit without getting wet. That was a mistake, though! Five minutes later the rain was pouring down. I was wearing my new rain jacket, so stayed dry on my top half - but before I got back home, my jeans from a bit above the knees and down were dripping wet - and I had to wring my socks out, and fill my shoes with crumpled pages from an old newspaper to dry (so far unknown how long that may take!)
Linking to Skywatch Friday



Moody and beautiful skies!
ReplyDeleteThanks SPP
DeleteI'm also amazed how quickly rain can start...and thought it might be normal for this place, rather than this time!
ReplyDeleteBarbara we haven't had much of that kind of rain all summer, so I wasn't really prepared for it...
DeleteA nice change of season, my favourite colours, have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteAmy, I like autumn colours too - but I prefer them in sun rather than rain... ;)
DeleteYikes! I see those dark storm clouds underneath the pretty pink ones!
ReplyDeleteGinny, yes, the weather is in a mood of changing very quickly at the moment...
DeleteI love the color in the first two photos. It looks like the trees are starting to change
ReplyDeleteYogi, yes, we're definitely entering autumn (fall)...
DeleteOh what a silly thing to do Monica! Never heard of wellingtons? I believe that in Swedish you call them - gummistövlar.
ReplyDeleteYP - But it wasn't raining, the sun shining, and no puddles on the ground when I went out... ;)
Delete