Pages

Monday, 14 September 2026

Blogger Issue

Sidebar blog list not updating

Blogger seems to have stopped updating my sidebar widget of blogs that I follow ('Places to Visit') - and I've noted that the same seems to apply to similar lists on some friends' blogs. The widget no longer seems to be updating to show the latest posts (so that it now looks like no one has been posting for at least 5-6 days, even if in reality they have). I've tried looking for tips on how to fix this, but those tips I've found seem to be old, and what I've dared try so far (like updating all "http" to "https" in blog addresses) hasn't helped. And it's the same whichever browser I use. So just wondering if anyone else among my fellow bloggers has looked into this more recently and found more helpful into? 

Editing at 13:53 to add: Instead of perhaps just messing up my old blog list I tried to start a new one. I just added a few blogs, but those don't show the latest posts either. So for now I assume the fault must lie deeper, and with Blogger... 
 
14:45 - Adding an alphabetical blog list with just titles; but keeping the old one for now to see if the updating problem perhaps sorts itself out at some point.
 
Making these notes more for myself than for anyone else, really! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying what a couple of other bloggers suggested, the site called feedly DOT com. Having to learn how to load new blog url's...but so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, thanks for the reminder. I do have Feedly, but on my tablet I'm logged in there on another account. Checking on the computer now I seem to be logged in "right" here though (for this blog), so maybe I'll start using that more...

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.