Pages

Sunday, 6 September 2026

Chasing the Rainbow

Last night when I looked out of my living room window, around 19:40, the sky to the south-west had strange colour - and when I stepped out on the balcony for a closer look, to the east I could also see part of an impressive rainbow (and even a double one).

The first photo taken with my phone, 
the second one with my Sony camera shortly after.

As I could only see part of the rainbow from my balcony, I decided to go outside to check if I could see more. 

Alas I found that the high fence around the old football field (about to turned into a park and just now partly dug up)  didn't make it easy to take photos from the ground either...


But b
y walking a bit further to the left, and finding a wider hole in the fence, I managed to get a wider view - but still couldn't fit the whole rainbow into the same photo. 


But at the cloud-free other end of the wide bow, the sky was blue!

Back up on my balcony a while later, looking west rather than east, with the evening sun hitting the clouds in the sky, it was a strange (and even somewhat ominous) shade of glowing pinkish orange:


 Linking to Skywatch Friday 

7 comments:

  1. I love your various rainbow photos. You were not going to be denied, you intrepid photoblogger you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully captured. I like the one that mirrors the shape of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of it is gorgeous! Your phone photo is just as good as the Sony, only the Sony is a bit closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, the Sony has a better zoom, which is why I wanted to see if that made a difference.

      Delete
  4. You caught a double rainbow! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sky shots and good for you going after a rainbow! You might get a nickname, rainbow chaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You persisted and took beautiful photos of the rainbow. You are a dear to share them with us.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.