Finally a day of neither glaringly hot, nor risk of sudden heavy downpours and thunder. As seems to have become the pattern this summer, I needed to take advantage of that for a couple of necessary errands in the city centre (mainly to the pharmacy this time); leaving me very little room for any more exciting excursions. But it did allow me a walk through the city park, and along the river, to get myself there and back.
On the way back, along the river, I sat down for a little while on a bench in the shadow on a kind of jetty (or wooden platform) - opposite the apartment blocks below:
In spite of the weather today being quite pleasant compared to last week, being on my feet for a couple of hours in the sun still had me feeling quite hot before getting back home again... So after lunch, I had another one of those afternoons when I just fell asleep, listening to an audio book - and then really not getting much else done...
I'm still using a walking stick, which is both "a blessing and a curse" at the same time. A blessing because it allows me to walk further than I would dare try without it. But a curse because it means I never have both hands free (and have to plan any errands or other activities accordingly - including photo stops!)



The wooden platform you sat on is what we might call a "dock" a place where small boats can launch from and tie up to, a place where people might sit and fish. If it was longer and maybe into the middle of the river it would be a jetty.
ReplyDeleteI can see how using a stick would be awkward when needing to shop.
Thanks River. Sometimes I scratch my head over translations where AE vs BE uses/definitions seem to differ...
DeleteThe park still looks so green! Everything here - yes, even in North Yorkshire - is yellow and brown.
ReplyDeleteTaking a rest mid-walk is nice, and you have the advantage of being able to plan your outings with time for such breaks and the occasional photo stop, not having to rush to appointments or shops after work before they close.