Saturday 11 February 2023

Spring in the Air

Winter still can't make up its mind here. After a week of all kinds of variations of snow-ice-rain-slush (and whatever), today the ground was almost bare, and the temperature up around +8'C, with almost a feeling a spring in the air; and I ventured out on a walk into town. 


Hard to tell from this photo of people having lunch or coffee outdoors that it's February. If I zoom out a little, though...

... you can see there's even still a bit of snow left on the ground...

Valentine's decorations in the window of my favourite tea-shop. (Yes, I did go in... I needed a refill of two of my favourites.) 

 I also bought myself a bouquet of tulips. 


 I'm not in the habit of doing much decorating for Valentine's Day, but I usually keep some of my "Christmas reds" past that day. (Like this table runner with hearts on it.)

Linking to Weekend Street/Reflections 

Weekend Reflections

13 comments:

  1. These are large and impressive tulips! And I love your trays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 degrees? that is a sign that you are heading for Spring. We are feeling a bit cooler here, a sign we are heading into Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, it's a bit early yet for spring - most likely we'll see more snow before winter can be said to be properly over.

      Delete
  3. it was a beautiful day, the photos are beautiful, I like that out door eating place with all the hanging plants. the tulips are magnificent and I love how they look in that vase, it makes them even more special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I took the opportunity to buy the tulips as it was warm enough to be no risk of the flowers freezing on my way home :)

      Delete
  4. These days with hints of spring are so delightful, and the cafes look like fun places to visit. Enjoy your tulips and tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra. For me, outdoor cafés is a summer thing, so I always marvel when I see that terrace full of people even this time of year :)

      Delete
  5. We had more than a hint of spring yesterday, and it was soooo good to be out in the sun most of the day! Sitting and eating outdoors at 8C would still be way too cold for my liking, but I can see how people are so sun-hungry this time of year.
    Nothing Valentine in my flat, but I have lovely yellow daffodils greeting me cheerfully every time I walk into the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting and eating outdoors at 8C is not my preference either, Meike :)

      Delete
  6. How cosy and cheerful your room looks. The tulips make such a lovely splash of colour, as well as a promise that spring is just round the corner.
    We're used to taking our coffee outdoors all year round and normally on an even cool day it can be pleasant in a sheltered spot - especially looking out over the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, back in my youth all-year-round outdoor terraces at cafes or restaurants in Swedish cities were unheard of, but in later decades we've become more "continental" that way. It may have started with smoking indoors getting prohibited (so the smokers sat outside). Nowadays, I think smoking is not allowed even on the outdoor terraces; or at least not everywhere. Habits change!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...