Saturday, 3 October 2026

Weekend Street/Reflections

 

After a mostly rainy day yesterday, the sun somewhat reluctantly decided to come out again today. It had still not quite "got out of bed" yet when I decided to go into town, but it showed its face again before I got back home.

I took the bus half the way there today (two stops), because my errand this time was not to go shopping, but rather the opposite: To drop off a bag of discarded clothes to a charity shop. Having done that, I felt a little big lighter, and walked all the way back home instead.

Walking through the park on my way back, I came across this rather unusual sight: A usually naked statue dressed in a skirt and a knitted hat - both pink. From where I stood, I could not read the whole sign, but I recognised the pink symbol at the top: A reminder that October is Breastcancer Awareness month. (I think this is global, not just in Sweden?) 

 Survivor Breast Cancer Ribbon SVG, Breast Cancer svg, Cancer Awareness Svg,  Ribbon Svg, Breast Cancer png, Svg cut file to use for Cricut

Made me think of several old friends who fought that battle. (♥) 
Too many sadly died... but I do also still know one or two who survived. 


Walking along the river back home, the sun had come out, and I caught this water reflection - with the reflected sky looking even bluer than the one above! 

Linking to Weekend Street/Reflections #297


12 comments:

  1. I have survived 22 years. And every October 1st I think, another year and we are still trying to find a cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, that would certainly be a significant medical breakthrough 💓

      Delete
  2. Excellent statue message! Breast cancer needs to be stopped, cured, banished...whatever it takes to remove all the suffering it causes! Thanks for great reflections and fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, it was quite a powerful visual reminder.

      Delete
  3. Your photos are so clear and crisp! Breast cancer awareness is global and I had forgotten it is this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, well, it seems even my photo contributed to spreading the awareness, then! ;)

      Delete
  4. All the reflections are just so gorgeous to look at

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love walking along the river on a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of that statue dressed in pink for breast cancer. what an excellent idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remains to be seen for how long it will be left like that!

      Delete
  7. The autumn colours are gorgeous, and like the others here, I think dressing the statue is a good way to raise awareness. I imagine that we all know (or knew) women who have suffered breast cancer, if we are not survivors ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, several names no longer among the living sadly popped up for me when I started thinking about it.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...