Thursday 30 March 2023

This and That

  

Crocuses in a sunny flowerbed in the neighbourhood on Tuesday afternoon. 

Since then we've had more snow coming - and going - and just now coming again... The weather this March has made it a real challenge to keep track of where we are in the calendar. I only realised today that Easter is coming up already next week! - I had totally forgotten about that!

Some people seem determined to get the "barbeque season" started whatever the weather, though - I just took these photos from my window! It's 7 pm, snowing, and +1°C (33.8F). Makes me wonder what on earth they're cooking for which the electric oven in their flat wouldn't be a better choice, in this weather...! (There's a woman involved as well, and by now three umbrellas - one just to cover the food or whatever, on the table. And lot of smoke from the fire, and quite windy, too...)

Myself, I managed a short umbrella walk earlier in the afternoon before the temperature dropped so low that the rain turned to snow. 

Before that, I experimented with vaccuming the flat while listening to Spotify music in my new wireless earbuds. If I park the phone on the chest of drawers in the hall in the middle of the flat, that works... :)

Another task started is to delete duplicate photos from my Google Photos archives. I never quite understood why GP made double copies of nearly everything from my old phone - but I suppose it's because I kept moving photos from the phone itself to be stored on the memory card instead. And then GP regarded it as a 'new' photo and copied it again. (This is just photos taken with my phone, mind. Most photos used on my blogs were taken with separate cameras, and they're not involved in this.)

With the new phone I'm determined to get better at sorting "along the way"... (Ah well. At least one can always try to start new routines...)

8 pm: Darkness has fallen. The outdoors table is empty. The couple and their food (cooked, burned or raw, I don't know) have disappeared indoors. Only the grill (with the lid on) is now to be seen - left to cool off, I suppose. 

For my own part I think I'll settle for a cup of hot cocoa and a sandwich for supper, while watching an antiques show on TV.

 


 



10 comments:

  1. Such determination. We WILL enjoy this BBQ whatever happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our next door neighbors grill outside a lot, in all kinds of weather. I took photos of them grilling in over two feet of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I can perhaps see why some people might enjoy it like on a ski outing or something... Outside a tenement building in sleeting rain/snow, though... ;)

      Delete
  3. I like a good winter BBQ, as long as someone else does all the work ;-)
    But I would stop at rain and snow.
    Two summers ago, we were having a family BBQ in O.K.'s parents' courtyard. It started to rain, so we moved the table and benches into the empty garage and left the door wide open. The person at the grill (O.K.) was assisted by another person (alternating between his father and me) holding a large umbrella over the grill and the chef.
    It wasn't cold, and we coud all see the funny side of it, but I would not want to repeat that in winter! The couple you observed probably did not want to get their kitchen full of smoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, now you mention it, I recall that from your blog!

      Delete
  4. We had friends who loved a BBQ, no matter what time of year, or the weather. Somewhere I have a photo of a similar situation to the ones you've taken. Him in the garden cooking over the grill, someone holding an umbrella and the table piled high with plates and food under the summer umbrella. The rest of us can be seen looking out of the windows! This was a regular occurrence as the couple both had birthdays in March and a BBQ was must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, this makes me wonder whether Spain or Britain... (Surely not Sweden?!) ;)

      Delete
  5. I am with you on the PLAN to keep up with those duplicate photos, and other things like them. I always PLAN then find I did not and what a mess it is. time consuming an no fun. I entertained myself with trying to come up with a reason the couple was out ther with that umbrella. I have a scenario, the cook stove in the flat has stopped working and they were really hungry and had food that needed to be cooked. other than that I can't think WHY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I'm thinking he said (without looking out of the window first): "I'll cook tonight, but only if I can use the grill..." LOL

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...