Monday, 27 July 2026

Recycling, Exercise and Statistics

Friday last week, 24th July, was my 18th anniversary of moving into the flat where I've been living ever since. Back then, in 2008, I had not yet started blogging; and I don't have the photos of the moving chaos on my computer or online. (Another commemorative post from last spring may give you a "hint", though:  Memories of moving 2008.)

This July, another reason to let my thoughts wander back over the years that I've been living here, is that we just recently had new recycling bins for various kinds of packaging materials installed in three different places along my street. The photo below shows one of them, and another one just like it is more or less just across the street from where I live. 

 
This means that I will no longer have to go for a longer "recycling walk" to a somewhat bigger recycling station some 8 minutes walk or so away - which will be a relief, not least in winter... and with getting on in years besides...

I'm also hoping that "people" will take better care to leave the close-to-home stations tidier than they tend to do with the bigger more out-of-the-way station...  (The photo below was snapped some years ago - but alas it's very much of a repeat story.)

 

My thoughts travelling down the long and winding road of years past, it made me wonder how many weekly "recycling walks" I've made over the 18 years I've been living where I do now. It's usually been once a week. If I'm doing the math right, that means 52 x 18 = 936 times. And with each of those walks taking me about 20 minutes there and back, that means 312 hours, which equals almost two weeks (day and night).

Maybe I shall have to extend my walking in other directions to compensate for the exercise!! ;)  ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...