Sunday 16 October 2022

Squirrel Nutkin

Every now and then, on my walks around the old cemetery, I come across Squirrel Nutkin. (There's probably more than one; but not able to tell them apart, I call them all that! - after the story by Beatrix Potter.) Usually, they disappear out of sight before I have a chance to get the camera out. Yesterday, I was lucky, though -  I caught sight of him from a distance, stopped, managed to get the camera out silently and discreetly, zoomed in... And got a whole series of shots before he disappeared too high up the tree for me to follow. So pretty;  and in shiny new winter fur coat, I think! :-) 

 




Some more photos from the same walk. Autumn in progress..




8 comments:

  1. So cute! Especially the ears! Is he a red or grey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have the red kind here. Their fur grows darker in winter, though.

      Delete
  2. A handsome little fellow, I like how the grey of the back merges with the red of the legs. I see many squirrels around my house and neighbourhood, nearly every day at least one or two.
    Your autumn colours are very similar to ours at the moment, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like it's been a rather slow autumn here, I guess to do with the weather still being quite mild. We had a bit of thunderstorm with strong winds and rain blowing by yesterday, though (after my walk!) - so a lot to do for the graveyard workers today... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your leaves have really started to turn now. Ours mostly stay the same which is rather boring!
    Excellent photos of the squirrels. Lots of grey squirrels here and it's fun to watch their antics as they run along the electricity or telephone cables. They are so sure-footed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CG, I agree the squirrels are always fun to watch. We don't have the grey variety here, only the red ones.

      Delete
  4. He/she is so cute, wish we had them here, we will be enjoying Autumn in March 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I wish you an enjoyable spring and summer while waiting for the next autumn at your end of the world! ;-)

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...