Saturday 30 December 2017

Postcards for the Weekend – New Year

Some season’s greetings that dropped in after Christmas, but before New Year:

171228 SG MKM

“Dreaming of a White X’mas” from Maria in Singapore

171227 AU RAy

A “jumpstart” to the New Year from a friend ‘Down Under’

171227 GB GEd

Classic British reds in the snow, from Scotland -
and from England, New Year’s greetings with a more modern touch:

171227 GB JEd


***************************
And a big THANK YOU for 2017,
and best wishes for us all for 2018;
from me to all my blogging and
postcrossing friends all over the globe!
***************************


Weekend Linky Party:

Postcards for the Weekend - NY Symbols/greetings


7 comments:

  1. The last Christmas card of this season reached me on the 28th, I think - also from Scotland, probably from the same person you got the pretty robin.
    No specific New Year cards; usually, it is part of the good wishes on Christmas cards.

    Thank you, dear Monica, for the last 12 months of friendship, of showing us your town (and many beautiful places beyond) on your blog, of telling us about the books you've read and for commenting on our blogs.

    May 2018 see more of the same - all good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meike. And no, I don't usually get (or send) many specific New Year cards either, those greetings are nearly always included in the Christmas cards. The one I got this week came in very handy for Maria's chosen postcards theme, though ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh that Scottish one, so pretty. Hoping you have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird sitting n the berries is splendid, and my favorite! These are awesome cards! I didn't have a clue about the second one, till you said it is from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May 2018 bring you health, wealth, and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid that recent circumstances have not only led to my unwanted absence from Blogland (hopefully now remedied) but also threw all my Christmas plans into disarray. I have not being organised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that you received the postcard. I'm glad it was still "on-time" for the holidays. Happy weekend Monica!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...