Monday 17 August 2020

Rose Garden

 

♫ I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine, there's got to be a little rain sometimes
When you take you got to give so live and let live or let go
I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden ♫  (*)

I'd actually love a little rain along with all the sunshine right now! However, it looks like we have another few hot days ahead... The roses in the park seem to be enjoying it, though. (Photos from a walk into the city on Saturday, before noon.)









 

 

Ice cream before lunch. The world is upside down! :)
("Lejonet & Björnen" = The Lion and the Bear. Trademark.)

 


 (*) Rose Garden - The song sung by Lynn Anderson back in the early 1970s came into my head while looking at the photos... (Video from YouTube)


Through My Lens


5 comments:

  1. I have been known to have ice cream instead of lunch! That was in the past but yum yum. And it looks like the roses are truly loving your hot weather. Absolutely gorgeous and I love that first picture with the wall of roses making the building behind it look so small. Perspective is what it's called

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, there is in fact a river between the park and that building, so there is a bit of a distance. (Still a matter of perspective, though - you're right about that!)

      Delete
  2. How lovely! So did you have your ice-cream among the roses? I remember this song well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always loved that song and was a big fan of Lyn Anderson. I have to be reminded sometimes that it's thanks to the sunshine, along with the rain, that our beautiful gardens grow. Your rose gardens are magnificent. I particularly like the shot of the old fashioned white roses, so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses, I'm looking forward to mine flowering soon.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...