Tuesday 8 June 2021

Smoke, Sticks and the Sound of Stones...

 Remember the Curtain of the Sky from one of my previous Art Biennial posts? 


Sadly, that only got to stay up for about one week - then someone set fire to it... 😢 

All that remains is the blackened framework left empty in the middle of the bridge...


A new sculpture for the biennial also got broken and thrown into the river (I learned from the newspaper) - it was one I did not happen to find on my previous walks through the park, so have no photo of it. Possibly that one can perhaps be restored (?) But the curtain was unique as it was made from fabrics donated locally. 

The wooden "megaphone" in the river is still standing (or floating) , though, and this time I went out to it and too a photo from the inside as well:


It's got little lamps inside it, so one should probably also go and look at it at night. (As it doesn't get dark here until really late in summer, it's unlikely that I will, though.)

Looking up from inside it, there was nothing but BLUE to be seen this afternoon!
 


In another corner (or whatever) of the park, there are three smooth (but fake) boulders placed in a triangle - and making weird noises! While I still remember where to find the video editor on my computer, I decided to make another movie including the Sound:


 


 

Our World Tuesday


9 comments:

  1. What brilliant art for you to enjoy. Outraged that someone burned the Blue Sky installation, I like the created rocks and the floating wicker sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, it's nice to have some new art around town to explore while we're still waiting for the world to get back to some kind of "normal".

      Delete
  2. Why would someone deliberately set fire to and destroy beautiful artwork?! It is not as if anything about the art at the biennial is in any way offensive (such as, for example, glorifying statues of dictators or slave owners). Sheer vandalism! It would be good to know that the culprits are found and fined heftily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, yes, it's hard to see any proper motive with this one, isn't it. Alas, so far I've not heard of anyone being caught.

      Delete
  3. the burning of that work of art is just despicable. our world is quite mad these days. i love the view from side the floating art and the stones look like real polished stones. i want my stones to be quiet.. the camera did a great job picking up the noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I really prefer stones to be silent as well. It would be a very noisy world otherwise!! However, for the purpose of art, I suppose it does add an interesting dimension to think even of stones as being "alive"...

      Delete
  4. Why anyone would desecrate and destroy a wok of art like that is beyond my understanding. The noise stones are really weird and ethereal. It was good to see inside the Megaphone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beyond my understanding too, Graham. (My prejudiced suspicions go along the lines of drunken pranks/challenges by people whose brains aren't yet fully developed...)

      Delete
  5. Those boulders are very cool but I don't know why people have to be so destructive.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...