Saturday 26 November 2022

Lights in the Dark

Starting on Thursday afternoon, and continuing on Friday, I've been putting up my decorations for the 1st Advent weekend:

Kitchen

Living room

Bedroom and Study

 Happy First Advent Sunday, everyone!

As usual, I'll be adding to the Christmas decorations gradually during December. Basically I always start with the candle holders and stars for 1st Advent, plus changing some textiles (kitchen curtains and table cloths/runners). Some angels may appear around St Lucy's day (13th Dec); while elves/gnomes and my little Christmas tree rarely come into the picture until much closer to Christmas Eve.


11 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful! My favorite is the gorgeous star and candles. Really pretty header as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. The header is an old one that I had saved.

      Delete
  2. You already know how much I love your red and white curtains! And each thing you add always makes it look so festive and cozy and warm like a magical Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I have very few 'live' visitors these days, but it's nice to be able to 'invite' my online friends :)

      Delete
  3. It looks very gemütlich. Happy 1st Advent to you, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, we have the word 'gemytlig' in Swedish as well :)

      Delete
  4. Wow it looks so festive. I will try to put up my tree this Sunday!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mersad. I've always enjoyed decorating for this season, as a contrast to the darkness outside :)

      Delete
  5. It looks so festive and magical! I love the big star and the advent candles beneath it. Happy 1st Advent too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CG. In my childhood electric candles and/or stars in every window would have been considered an excess, but I love having them in every room :)

      Delete
  6. Gosh you're good, it all looks great, we haven't put up anything yet.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...