Monday 19 December 2022

Winter Fog (2)

 Walk continued from my previous post...


"Narnia" scene from the old cemetery (which I walked across to get down to the riverside).



I'm kind of fascinated with the 'skyscrapers' almost disappearing in the fog, until you start getting close enough...


 It had been cold enough for a while for the river to freeze along the shores.

"Hey, guys... I see a human on the shore... Maybe she's brought food?" 

 


"Pfft... No food... We turn our backs on you, then..."

 



Can you spot the birds sitting on top of the tree in the background? My camera was able to zoom them in... Crows or jackdaws, not sure which...



Closeup of hoarfrost on the thin hanging twigs.

 Railway disappearing off into the Unknown...




6 comments:

  1. Very much a Narnia scene, indeed! You took beautiful pictures on that day; I love that mood.
    The birds look more like jackdaws to me, but it is hard to tell when they fluff themselves up like this against the cold.
    It has become much warmer today here, we're in the "plus" now, and I plan to leave in a bit so that I can catch an hour and a half of daylight before sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all beautiful I missable with all that fun and I think my favorite is the very last one the railroad going off into the fog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos!! My favorites are the cemetary ones and the last one. You gave me a good laugh over the ducks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the snow, it makes everything look so mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly looks as though winter has finally arrived, and is staying for a few months. I do feel sorry for the ducks though, and hope someone feeds them.
    Not sure I have a favourite photo, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all above for your comments. One never knows with winter... Now it's been raining for a few days, and all the snow is gone. May be changing again though, so still too early to say whether Christmas will be wet or white here!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...