Sunday 3 March 2024

I Spy ... Clown Town

The weather is still rather grey and dull, and nature offering very little to tempt my camera. However, on a walk to the supermarket today I "spied with my little eye" two rather unusual displays... Whether enough to constitue a new trend, I don't know!


This clown is a well-known symbol for a Swedish ice-cream conmpany. In this size they are often seen outside kiosks and grocrery shops. Of course it also happens that pranksters get into their head to move them - but this is definitely the first time I've seen one on display on a private balcony. (I think they're student flats in that building though - which might perhaps go some way towards "explaining" how it ended up there...)

On my way back, passing a different building, I also happened to notice these figurines in a window - facing the street rather than the room inside!


 "A wise man can play the part of a clown,
but a clown can't play the part of a wise man."
- Malcolm X -

“Just because everyone is behaving
like a clown, it doesn’t mean
you have to join the circus.”
 - Matshona Dhliwayo -

 


6 comments:

  1. I love the quotes! And I think if people can see things on a windowsill, then they should be turned to face the outside. But to me, the clowns are an unsettling greeting. Several years ago, there were clown stalkers and murders here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I've always found clowns a bit creepy, too.

      Delete
  2. the two in the window are cute but almost make me think of Stephen Kings clown. I bet those students took one and put it out there. the thing is, if you were not a photographer you might have passed right by and not even noticed them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, you may well be right. I do think that in general I tend to "notice" things more ever since digital cameras & blogging.

      Delete
  3. For as long as I can remember, I felt uneasy about clowns and never found them funny, not even when, as a small child, my grandparents took me to the circus and I loved everything else about that afternoon. So, clowns on my windowsill is something you will never, ever see as long as I live :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I never liked clowns either. As far as I can recall, I've never been to a live circus show either, and don't think I ever felt any real longing for it. So you won't find any clowns or other circus-related objects among my "knick-knacks" either!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...