Sunday 10 March 2024

Spring Cleaning

We're still having frosty nights here, and not all that much warmer in the daytime either, unless the sun happens to be shining in the afternoon. Today so far it's overcast, only +1-2C, and bitterly cold winds blowing outside. (I've just come in from a short 20 min walk, mainly to "get my circulation going".) 

All the old snow is gone, though, and the street where I live has been swept clean from winter grit - which inspired me to a bit of extra "spring cleaning" indoors as well, this week. Mainly the hall, which also got a new door mat to celebrate. (I discovered the old one was hardly serving its purpose any more as its bottom had started to disintegrate...)

I also bought a pot of small daffodils for the living room. They have already grown at least twice as tall in just three days, though! (Photos from today.)

 

 * * *

And no, dear Bing, I'm afraid this is not quite what it looks like in my part of the world when we have machines cleaning the streets... (lol) 


11 comments:

  1. Yellow flowers are my favorites, your daffodils are so pretty. and I am still chuckling at the street cleaner. esecially the orange one attached to the other truck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Bing has a sense of humour, by the looks of it!
    The daffies are very pretty and brighten up the most overcast day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daffodils look so cheerful and a reminder that Spring isn't too far away.
    Oh dear, is that how Bing sees street cleaning - it just needs someone with a Dyson vacuum to complete the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bing: "Well, you didn't give me much to work with, so I had to use my imagination"... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the daffodils but I am not enjoying the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there, Graham :) Last year at this time we still had lots of snow on the ground here as well, though.

      Delete
  6. The seasons are slow to change here, too. I think the weather is just perfect right now, the worst of the heat is gone, the cold is yet to arrive. Daffodils always add cheer, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, early autumn is my favourite season (climate) too. But always looking forward to seeing the first spring flowers this side of winter!

      Delete
  7. One of my most favourite flowers. We are going into early Autum here and I am just about plant some in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...