At least two readers asked about the background picture behind my Barbie dolls in yesterday's post. (Currently the top right in the collage above.) The short answer is that it's a print on a cork trivet - i.e. if you like, you can put a hot pan or pot on it.
The somewhat longer answer is that the artist behind the image is an old friend of mine, Lena, nowadays living on the west coast of Sweden (where she also grew up). Since her "retirement" (as teacher of young children), she's nowadays busier than ever as a full time artist. Besides painting new originals, she has also had many of her images turned into prints, trays, coasters, trivets, postcards etc to sell to tourists during her summer exhibitions in various towns and villages along the coast. Back in August 2023, my brother and I visited her exhibition at Smögen. Then I also purchased an original by her which now hangs in my hall, by the entrance to my living room. If you click on the Smögen link you'll see photos both from the kind of environment that typically inspires her, the exhibition we visited, the painting which I bought on that occasion, and a photo of Lena and me together.
A year later she also published a picture book with some of her paintings (which I bought from her), and which I now from time to time have on display (on a small easel) in my home as well. Over the years I've also bought various trays, coasters, trivets, postcards etc from her - some to keep, others to give away. And I often use her images as background on the shelf where my Barbie dolls sit. (Not outdoors weather just now, I imagine them having a "picture window"...!)
Lena also has a website, but I'm afraid it's all in Swedish.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.