Sunday 30th August turned out rainy, so we (my brother and I) decided to abandon the idea of another excursion into the countryside, and instead visited the Art Museum and the Textile Museum in town; which were both still showing exhibitions of textile art connected to the past summer's Art Biennial. (I did not round to visiting either museum on my own during the summer.) To further enhance the holiday feeling we also had lunch at the restaurant in the same building as the Art Museum.
![]() |
Kulturhuset = Cultural Centre; with art museum, library, theatre and café |
From our table in the restaurant/café we could look out on the nearby Gustav Adolf Church from 1906. (The yellow tables are outdoors, and you can see why we preferred to stay indoors on this day...)
On the upper floor, a selection of objects from the museum's own collections are on display. This sculpture was one I could not recall having seen before: A tiled stove lying down - and serving as tunnel for a small car with lights lit. (Again, I have no answer to "why"... The best I can come up with is something to do with climate - but if you have a better suggestion, feel free to share!)
![]() |
| (My own photo from August 2021) |
From the Art Museum we went on to the Textile Museum, incorporated in the Textile Fashion Center, together with schools and businesses related to textile industry as well.
![]() |
| The official poster for the art biennial |
Somehow I managed to forget to bring my phone with me on that day. The colour photos above were taken by my brother; while the two black&white ones are my own, from the past. (Edited to b&w to tune in with the grey weather we were having now.)
PS. In three of the photos I'm wearing the green rain jacket that I bought the same weekend.










A lovely rainy-day alternative, turning an otherwise cancelled countryside excursion into a cultural outing filled with art, textiles, architecture, good food, and even the delightful mystery of that unusual tiled-stove sculpture.
ReplyDeleteWarps & Waves in the Fabric of Time is a catchy name for an exhibition.
ReplyDeleteI am always reading about painters and painting so I really should give more
time to textiles and weaving.
I enjoy a rainy day. Sitting at one of those yellow cafe tables, looking across to
the Gustav Adolf Church, is my idea of happiness. I've never seen this church
before but it seems to know me. They never built churches like this in Scotland.
You look so pretty in the pink top! The church is gorgeous!!! And the stove/car tunnel is cute, a cute idea!
ReplyDelete