Sunday 5 January 2020

Black & Purple


An attempt to take photos of the clothes I bought yesterday. (Grey weather again today, so the indoors light not the best either.)

The top on the left is 100% cotton and combines a black t-shirt with a blouse-collar and details adding bit of colour. It will go with several other items in my wardrobe. What I'm not 100% sure about is the 3/4 length sleeves - I really prefer full length sleeves in winter, as I always get cold. On the other hand, this time of year I'll probably be wearing an extra cardigan over it anyway!

The one in the middle goes with a lot of things in my wardrobe too. (I tend to wear a lot of black, purple, lilac and wine-red in winter.) I wanted something with a pattern, more festive than a plain t-shirt but still kind of casual. And it has the full length sleeves!

The black jacket/cardigan to the right is sparkly and might lift a plain black skirt or black trousers to a more festive look. I don't go out very often to parties and such - but it can still be good to have "something" like that in the wardrobe...


The trousers I bought are made of stretchy fabric in a subtle black-and-grey pattern, and will go with just about anything, I think.

9 comments:

  1. I like those trousers and the middle blouse is really pretty. you did great with your choices...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful selection, with lots of neutrals. The possibilities are endless! The pants look very rich; well, most of them do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves pattern is beautiful, and I also very much like the fabric of the collar and cuffs of the top left blouse. Like you, I find 3/4 length sleeves can be a bit tricky, especially under cardigans; they feel like a full-length sleeve that has ridden up underneath. Sometimes I wear such 3/4 sleeves to the office where I know I will be in warm (sometimes VERY warm) rooms all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I agree about 3/4 length sleeves... I suspect I'll probably not be wearing that one much while it's still winter. Maybe in spring :)

      Delete
  4. I have alot of black in my wardrobe too and only a few coloured items here and there, so much easier to mix and match things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy I have more colour than black in my wardrobe but find it convenient to have some basic items in black, as that does indeed help to make it easier to mix and match.

      Delete
  5. I'm very taken with the middle garment. I love the pattern and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Graham. It was an immediate favourite with me, once I found it!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...