Friday 26 January 2024

January Moon

My camera has limited zoom and does not get me very close to the Moon, but this past week there was one afternoon with a clear sky when it was in a good position for me from my window, and before it was really dark yet... Probably my best attempt so far!

 (Tuesday 23 January at 16:11 - maximum zoom with my Sony camera.)

Linking to Skywatch Friday


Did it take long to find me?
I asked the faithful lightOh, did it take long to find me?And are you gonna stay the night?
 
(from 'Moonshadow' by Cat Stevens) 

 

10 comments:

  1. Great picture of the moon! Lovely video song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cat! Saw him in concert in the very early 70's on college campus for $2.50.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a beautiful shot! I also love Cat Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great picture! The moon here was blindingly bright last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an excellent photo of the moon. It was brilliant here too and I thought that one of my garden lights (on sensors) had stayed on! The light was almost as bright as day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is about to turn 59 and when he was in his teens, he loved Cat and had several albums. your zoom did a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, a true photoblogger, you had your chance and seized it.
    I didn't get a full moon shot this cycle. We have had cloud cover all day every day (and night). Oh well, next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good shot indeed. I have heard that one can use a telescope to get clearer images with a camera...I haven't tried yet , but that seems to make sense

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great captures! Especially so as I simply can't capture moon or stars with my photography

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...