Thursday 1 August 2024

Bye bye July - Hello August

 


This sculpture has been "around town" for a while (years), but not always in the same place. At present its place is outside the railway station. Makes me wonder who made that decision and why... Could it be a subtle hint at all the delays when it comes to political decisions about much needed updating of our railways??

I'm really only posting it now because I found it when going through my July photos in search of something (anything!) not already posted, though!

Meanwhile, August has made its entrance, and may even offer me an opportunity or two to get out of town and see some different views, as my brother will be coming down for a few days (by car). We have no specific travel plan this year, but I have a few suggestions for possible outings... So I may be taking a break from blogging this weekend and into next week. We'll see how it goes!

14 comments:

  1. that will be wonderful and I do not remember seeing this creepy work of art.. wow, wonder what goes on in the mind of the artist sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say seeing your brother and a few travels around will be wonderful. happy for you

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sandra. He arrived today but after his long drive down here we just went for a walk this afternoon to look at some of the art in the city centre.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your posts about days out with your brother - I really enjoyed your trip last summer!
    I wasn‘t aware that Swedish railways are in a state similar to Germany‘s - I always think it‘s worse in my country than anywhere else…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, updating the railway between here and Gothenburg has been discussed for many years without anything actually happening...

      Delete
  3. Gosh, I have no idea what this even is! Haven't heard you mention your brother in some time. Is he still making music?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, he hasn't been here since last summer.

      Delete
  4. That statue applies to world politics

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are days when I feel just like that sculpture!
    Have a good time with your brother and look forward to reading about your trips out, they were very enjoyable last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol (and me too, about the sculpture...)

      Delete
  6. Ha, that's a very amusing sculpture but yes, maybe a comment on many things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny it can no doubt represent a wide variety of issues...

      Delete
  7. Now that's interesting. Speaking or railways, ours are shocking, you would think that a tourist country such as NZ would be modern, but nope.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...