Wednesday 14 August 2024

Visiting the Golf Club

Sunday 4 August was cloudy, and rain was expected in the afternoon. To still get out from town a bit, I suggested driving out to the golf club south of town for lunch. Neither of us (me and my brother) plays golf, but the golf club restaurant is open to the public, and a nice place to have lunch... 


The large windows on the white building belong to the restaurant. We were sitting at a table right by those windows, and below is or view from there:



The wooden sculpture out in the foyer is slightly taller than an ordinary person.

 


It was not yet raining, so after our meal we also went for a little stroll outside before we drove back to town. But dark clouds were gathering, as you can see in this photo!


 

An old storage building, obviously from back in the days when this estate was a farm rather than a golf course.







Rowan berries

After our visit to the golf course and restaurant, we drove to a shopping mall at the other end of town, where I found, and bought, a new carpet for my study. On our way back from there, we also visited the Textile Museum. No new photos from there, as I was also there on my own just recently (towards the end of July), and blogged about that then. 

But here is a photo of my study with the new carpet:


(The old carpet was red - matching the chair - and with a more classic oriental sort of pattern. With time, it got very worn in certain places, from me rolling my chair to and fro between the desk and the computer table...)


15 comments:

  1. The golf club looks very inviting as a lunch venue and somewhere to have a stroll.

    The carpet is certainly strikingly different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, it certainly brought a more "modern" touch to the room. And it sort of matches the mix of dark+white furniture.

      Delete
  2. I would not wish to meet the wooden golfer on a dark night - especially if he came to life and chased me to the eighteenth tee.
    P.S. Ironing boards are not usually seen in offices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil, I never visit the golf course on dark nights - just in case...
      As for the ironing board - I just hate crumpled paper...!

      (More seriously: My ironing board lives in that room beause 1/ the other end of the room serves as my dressing room, as that's where my wardrobes are + 2/ there is no other place for it + 3/ it also comes in handy for various other jobs besides ironing...)

      Delete
    2. it also comes in handy for various other jobs besides ironing... Do you use it as a surfboard? Perhaps you use it as a sledge in the wintertime.

      Delete
    3. I'm tempted to leave you with those illusions, Neil, but no. It simply also serves as an extra "standing desk" for various temporary jobs like sorting papers, or when taking down a heavy book or binder or photo album from the bookshelves to check on something.

      Delete
  3. the carpet is perfect, it goes well with the red chair and the curtains. I like it a lot. I love that old shed and all the buildings at the golf course. it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I was pleased to find it (the carpet) as I've tried before without finding any that I liked. I bought it in the same store where I bought the screen for my balcony earlier in the summer. I noticed then that they seemed to have carpets of the right size, later checked details online, and now took the opportunity while I had a chauffeur at hand...

      Delete
  4. The green is so fabulous. Love the food on the table

    ReplyDelete
  5. The golf club looks idyllic, especially the white wooden building. Are visitors allowed to walk the paths on the actual golf course? Here, only players are allowed on the course, while visitors may only walk from the parking lot to the club house/restaurant.
    You did well in not letting the forecast of rain deter you from your day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I meant to say it now seems that, plants-wise, our seasons are more in sync again. Everything looks very "high summer" leaning towards "end of summer", very much as it does here. In spring and early summer, your photos showed that my part of the world was about four weeks "ahead" of yours, in terms of flowers, trees and so on.

      Delete
    2. Meike, I saw no signs forbidding visitors walking anywhere, but we kept off the grass of the golf course, and didn't walk very many steps down the gravel paths either. Basically we just went for a stroll around the restaurant area, looking at the views from there. - Our summer since May (which was unusually hot and dry) has been mixed, so nature is still looking quite green and fresh. The rowan berries having turned red is a reminder that autumn is approaching; but apart from that I'd say we're still in "late summer".

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos and I love your new carpet.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...