Thursday 22 August 2024

Small Town Charm

 (Tuesday 6 August)

The last full day that my brother was here, we made a somewhat shorter day trip. I had in memory an outing several years ago with my aunt and uncle + a friend of my aunt's. That time we visited an old cotton spinning mill that is nowadays a museum; and afterwards drove on to a small town not too far from there for lunch.

This time, with my brother, we started by driving to the small town (Kinna) for lunch at the same café (I had checked online that they were still in business); and visisted the museum on our way back.


We parked the car behind Kinna Church, and walked across the churchyard to the café, which (as I recalled) was across the street from the church tower.


(This church was not open for tourists either. I checked on the way back...)


Another charming old house ▲ close to the charming café ▼

The café, Skrädderiet (Tailor's Workshop), still looked very much like I remembered it. Inside, it's a bit like a 'tardis', with a number of rooms with individual decor - and in summer, they also make good use of their garden at the back. As did we, this time!

 

Checking my blog, I find that the last time I visited this place was 12 years ago, in June 2012. And memory served me right: The place really hasn't changed much since then. If you like, you can check out my old post here

(I'll save my new photos from the cotton mill museum for a separate post.)

 

8 comments:

  1. The inside of this cafe is really lovely!!! And the church is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I was happy to find the café as charming as I remembered it.

      Delete
  2. It looks clean and sunny. Love the peaceful feel in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day to re-visit that place :)

      Delete
  3. I was quite sure that I remembered your visit (and post) from back then, and going back to your 2012 post, I found myself confirmed :-)
    It looks a lovely place. I'd go there all the time if I were living or staying in Kinna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, while I had "pictures in my head" of my previous visit (but did not remember the exact year), it wasn't until afterwards now that I thought of searching my blog for evidence! (lol)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely place to visit - it looks so clean and well kept. I can imagine how pleasant it was, sitting under the shade of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it really was a perfect day for lunch outdoors - also confirmed by all the empty tables indoors! (There were quite a few more lunch guests in the garden, but I managed to avoid including them in my photos.)

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...