... and memories from Västervik, 2025...
In my own photo calendar for 2026, the photo for August (above) shows a view from Västervik, on the east coast of Sweden.
The link goes to a post of mine from August 2025, with some more photos from this charming old seaside town. My brother and I spent an afternoon/evening (and night) there on our holiday trip. The sky was cloudy when we arrived, but the sun came out later on in the evening. Looking up that post now, I see that I also wrote there that "I took so many photos that I won't use them all in this post, but will save some for later." I'm not sure if I ever got round to showing some more - but as it can still be said to be "later", here are some additional ones now... ;)
This year, we are not planning any "longer" trip . I for one have been feeling rather tired all summer. Besides "weird weather" a lot of the time, I'm still feeling limited by my knee, and am not sure how I'd cope with full days of travelling and touristing. Hopefully my brother will be able to drive down here for a visit towards the end of August, though (I spoke to him yesterday), and we may just make some shorter outing or two from here. (For me just now it doesn't have to be neither far nor long to make a bit of a change - while for him it will be a a few days away from home anyway.)


Hello Monica, I was wondering whether you and your brother would have another "Summer Siblings Road Trip" this year, but I perfectly understand your reasons not to.
ReplyDeleteThe photos you have put together for this post show a very summerly atmosphere in Västervik. Some of your compositions are fun - your and your brother's shadows leading towards the man and the woman walking in your direction, or the red and the blue door, for instance.
It looks like a very beautiful place. I especially like that top photo with the rather moody effect of the clouds and the reflections in the water.
ReplyDelete