Thursday 23 June 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Music



What, if any, kind of music do you listen to when you’re reading?
(Given a choice, of course!)

Often I prefer silence - but only if it really is silent. If there are other noises in the background that I have not chosen myself, I prefer (if possible) to drown that with my own choice of music. Which in that kind of situation would be the type of music that best creates a "solid wall", i.e. not too many pauses or variations between soft and strong, and either instrumental or the kind of singing where focus is on the 'sound' rather than the lyrics. Typically I might choose for example baroque music (Bach, Handel, Vivaldi) or modern Celtic (Enya, Clannad).

7 comments:

  1. I prefer total silence, no music when reading. i can pretty much block anything out, but sometimes when hard of hearing hubby is watching TV with it to loud, i will read the same sentence over and over.
    i can read in public places like doctor office or waiting in public places, unless someone is on a cell phone talking loud like they do and then i can't read. if i have the choice i choose silence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like silence, soft music sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly like you! I have also tried to keep an eye on the T.V, while blog commenting, that doesn't work. I have a one track mind. When I was a teenager, I couldn't do my homework without rock music on!! I also would go to sleep listening to the radio. My, how times have changed. Now excuse me while I put my teeth and hearing aid in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer soft music while reading.

    Here is my BTT: Soundtrack post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! I absolutely love Enya and must have every album by them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like absolute silence when I read because I'm easily distracted. Right now, we have Wimbledon on and I want to go to bed but I know my husband won't turn it off so I can't read so I might as well blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piano quartet or trio or solo piano music.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...