Friday 9 October 2020

Skywatch / No Limit 2020 (6)

Monday this week was another sunny autumn day, and I decided to go back once again to the Norrby district and try to find a mural that I missed on my previous walks. On my way, I also snapped photos of the railway station and other views that happened to catch my eye.

The railway station

Someone commented on a previous post that I should walk this way more often - so I did!

The tower sticking up belongs to the oldest church in town (17th century)


Having passed under the railway to the other side:
Here is a graffiti wall where anyone is allowed to be creative.
(I'll take you back there in a separate post.)

Artist: Elina Metso

This is the mural that I managed to miss on my previous walks. Not really surprised that I did not find it earlier, because there is no sidewalk on the other side of the road from it (and a road with very heavy traffic). The only way I could take a photo was from the sidewalk just underneath, and bending my neck backwards... 

The photo below is copied from the official No Limit Facebook page. I still don't understand where they took that photo from. The skylift used to paint it, perhaps? (There are no buildings on the other side of the road - only a steep narrow strip of woodland, as in the background of the photo with the graffiti wall.)


Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, house and outdoor 

Artist: Delicious Brains
 

The 'tower' in the background is a district heating plant.

A mural from a previous art festival, some years ago.
I think maybe its colours have faded a bit.

On my way back home - "skywatching" from a bridge over the railway



SkyWatch Friday

8 comments:

  1. I love the photos with the turquoise awnings and bus, it really brightens up the city. And the railway station is gorgeous, it looks like a castle. My favorite mural is the one that looks like men/robots/castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's quite an intriguing one, isn't. "My home is my castle" was my thought when looking at it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos. I like the murals and the railway station. Beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A colourful autumn day makes almost anything look good! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful scenes, fall foliage and blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful skies and autumn trees! Have we seen the train station before? It does not look familiar, but I really like the building.
    Maybe the photo of the mural that is so difficult to photograph was taken with a drone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I'm sure I must have posted photos of the train station before (during my 11+ years of blogging!) I pass by there almost every week - but usually on the street above (to the left in the last photo). To get a front view of the old station house (as the first photo) one has to go down below - but more often than not there are also buses etc parked in front, blocking the view. This time, I wanted to go down anyway, had my camera, and there were no buses in the way - so I took opportunity!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...