Saturday 21 August 2021

Weekend Reflections - Raft Race

 

Today was 'Water Day' in the city centre (of Borås, on Viskan River, in Sweden), with various activities going on throughout the day. I went for a walk into town after lunch and brought my camera. And as it happened, there was a 'raft race' starting just as I was passing by, so of course I stopped to snap some photos!

There were only two rafts competing, each with a team from a different local business.


The red team was way ahead of the blue one, already from start...





Both teams made it back to the bridge without capsizing, though! :)

Weekend Reflections

12 comments:

  1. these are amazing and I am thinking the people in them would love to have a copy of these. great job on the photography. you live in an awesome town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. the Water Day was the first big(gish) public event in a long time, I think. But as spread out over the day, not "too" crowded.

      Delete
  2. The raft race sounds like so much fun! I wonder why more people did not join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I'm more surprised that anyone volunteers for this kind of thing... (LOL)

      Delete
  3. It's always a treat to see community spirit like this and it looks like they had an appreciative audience,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there were a number of spectators on both sides of the river cheering them on. :)

      Delete
  4. Perfect timing with you and your camera, looks like heaps of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, yes, it did feel like good timing for me. as I was only in town for a short while and had not studied the program beforehand :)

      Delete
  5. No capsizing? Isn't that half the fun? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I suppose the answer to that question would differ depending on who you asked... :)

      Delete
  6. It's years since I saw a raft race. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for catching up, Graham! :)

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...