Tuesday 24 August 2021

Lake Views

 

Yesterday turned out a lovely late summer day - sunny and still, but not too hot. In the morning, I walked into town (and back) to complete my order of new glasses (two pairs), based on an eye examination last week. After lunch at home, I still felt like going out again just because of the nice weather, and spontaneously decided on taking the bus out to the lake for a change of view and another walk, even if just for an hour. (With my senior bus pass, the bus fare is free if I keep to the non-rush hours...) The photos of the rowan trees in yesterday's post are from that walk, too. Here are some more photos: from the narrow point of woodland sticking out into the lake, and back at the beach. Compared to when I was there in July, it was very quiet yesterday; there were a few people about, but no "crowds" ... Schools have started, and most adults are back to work after the summer holidays as well.












 

 

Our World Tuesday Graphic

11 comments:

  1. You did the right thing - it was great weather for that walk indeed! Sometimes such spontaneous decisions are best, aren't they.
    My spontaneous after-work walk yesterday was cut short when a very sudden shower (NOT forecast according to the weather app on my phone!) descended on me. It was only water and I was more than half an hour away from home, but I turned round nonetheless. By the time I reached home, I was dry again :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I was afraid that would happen to me today, having left home without an umbrella... Clouds looked a bit threatenimg for a while... I did not turn round though and I was lucky, it did not turn to rain. (Photos from today's walk will turn up in some later post!) Glad you did not het "too" wet! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely and peac3ful photos; your walk was certainly worth it! What is that in photo #9? It almost looks like a houseboat. How is Covid there? Has any decision been made on booster shots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, the boat is an old motor ship which is sometimes used for tours on the lake, I think it can be hired for special events like private parties etc. (I've never seen it out on the lake, just lying there at its pier.)

      Delete
    2. Covid numbers have been down over summer and with increased vaccination. They are rising a bit again though, with people having traveled more over summer, and now returning to work/school. There are still various restrictions in place, less than back in spring, but with the current situation they'll probably be keeping those that we have for now. (Like various rules about distance and how many people allowed in different contexts etc.) Booster shots are being discussed but the priority just now probably to get teenagers to take the vaccine as well, to be able to keep schools open (and young people now seeming to be those who spread the virus the most, even if they don't get seriously ill themselves).

      Delete
  3. Thanks for deciding to talk that walk, your photos capture a sense of tranquility I appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would help if my comments made sense, wouldn't it? Thanks for taking the walk and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, your comment made perfect sense to me - it was very peaceful out at the lake that day and I'm happy if my photos managed to capture it!

      Delete
  5. Water (lakes or rivers) portraying such serenity always lifts my spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...