Monday 2 September 2024

Colour

At the end of yesterday's post I mentioned that from recent visits to a couple of clothes shops in our town centre, my impression was that we seem to be facing a rather "beige" autumn... (Which did not really appeal to me at all.)

In the hope of finding other options, today I took the bus "across town" to my favourite clothes shop in one of the malls there. To my relief, there I was indeed met by a wider and more colourful selection. I ended up buying two items from their end-of-summer sale (a thin pink cotton cardigan with zipper + a dark blue T-shirt with print), and three from the autumn collection: Two T-shirts with long sleeves (one burgundy and one dark green), and one pair of stretchy burgundy trousers. Those are all basic colours in my wardrobe since before, and the new items therefore easy to match with older ones.

The downside, I suppose, might be that no one will actually notice I bought anything new! (The upside, though, is that I'm pretty sure I'll feel comfortable in them.)



Motivation Mondays: The Best Color 

Quote/image copied from I'm not sure where...

11 comments:

  1. I think that beige is a very sexy colour choice for mature women. Beige underwear, beige trousers or skirt, beige top, beige coat and beige make-up. I also favour beige food and beige furnishings. What's wrong with beige?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love them, especially the blue print T-shirt. It has everything pretty...the roll-up button sleeves and the beautiful print on the front. So, it is kind of fancy and could be worn many places that a regular T-shirt could not. You are right in your comment about Halloween being started way too early here. It drives me nuts!! Halloween things in the stores come out way before Fall even. And fall comes first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. Yes I fell for that T-shirt with the print (and a bit of 'bling' too) because it was a bit different and yet can be worn with several different pants in my wardrobe (and a skirt or two as well).

      Delete
  3. You made good choices!
    Yesterday on my way to my regular eye check-up I walked along the biggest shopping "mile" in Stuttgart, and couldn't help noticing how much beige there is in the windows where new collections for autumn are on display... but fortunately, I don't actually need or want anything new, and besides, I don't dislike beige - it can look very classy, just needs to be teamed well with other colours. (Having said that, you'll find almost no beige in my wardrobe!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meike. I would not say that I categorically dislike beige either - I just find the "fashion trends" very tiresome sometimes, when they seem to have decided on a very narrow range of alternatives. (Dress me all in beige from top to toe, and I become "the invisible woman"... )

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a very successful shopping trip! Love all your purchases, especially the printed T-shirt. The only beige I have in my wardrobe are a couple of pairs of lightweight cotton trousers and they are more a creamy colour than beige, but I can wear any coloured top with them, so they're very practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, there's absolutely nothing wrong with for example beige or off-white trousers combined with a more colourful top. It's the "all beige" look that tends to make me depressed (at least when it's myself I'm staring at!)

      Delete
  5. first things first, I own zero beige, and never have. I prefer jewel colors or the colors you have on your new purchase, I have not bought any clothes since 2019, I don't go anywhere and the ones I have never get worn, in 2017 and 2018 I bought a lot of leggings and half of them have not been worn more than twice. I like that blue with print shirt. glad you got out and since I usually know what is trending and did not, I am wondering what has changed here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra, as Florida does not have our autumn and winter climate, I don't suppose your shops are full of sweaters and padded coats either... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...