Sunday, 23 August 2026

August Skies

 

Monday 17/08/2026 (20:23)

Tuesday 18/08/2026 (20:24)

Saturday 22/08/2026 (14:08)

Saturday 22/08/2026 (19:18)

Saturday 22/08/2026 (20:13)

It's already Sunday Evening when I'm finding the time to put this post together. Perhaps a bit late for Skywatch Friday - but I decided to post (and link) my sky-watching photos from the past week anyway. It's been a week of swiftly shifting skies; and rain showers now and then - but rather brief, with some sunshine in between. Personally I'm grateful for a further drop in temperatures over the past few days, which has also brought down the indoors temperature in my flat to "normal". Since two or three nights I even have the duvet back on my bed. (Just a light synthetic one, but still giving a bit more "weight" than just the empty cover I've been using all summer...). 


12 comments:

  1. sounds good, lower temps and needing a little more covers. I love the gorgeous colorful skies but today I like best of all the brilliant blue with white clouds. so happy and full of joy. Sunshine is a spirit lifter for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, it is for me too - as long as it's not *too hot*!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful skies, Monica. Saturday was a great day to have camera in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Pauline. Sometimes I wonder if neighbours notice me popping out on the balcony every so often to snap photos, though... and if so, what they think!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Lovely skies. It's still winterish here though beginning to warm up, nights are still cold enough to have two covers on my bed, one feathers and one synthetic. The feathered one will get aired and stashed away in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, when really cold in winter I sometimes feel need of an extra blanket on top.

      Delete
  4. Each one is so different. Three is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, this week the blue daytime sky with fluffy clouds was my favourite too.

      Delete
  5. A cloudy sky is always far more interesting than a vlear sky, I love your photos. Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter when you post them, they are beautiful, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful, varied August skies.
    Our weather has finally broken but it is still quite warm.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...