Wednesday 11 January 2023

First Postcrossing Card 2023


Not much happening here. The weather is still grey and wet. Laundry day today, so I've been staying in, and also started taking down some of my Christmas decorations. (The laundry room is in the basement, and so is my storage room...) 

This postcard arrived - my first received Postcrossing card in 2023 (and I think actually also the first postcard from anywhere this side of New Year). It was sent from Slovakia. At first glance I just saw the cabin - it wasn't until I sat down to look at it properly and register its arrival on the website that I noted the owl! (Did you??) That gave me a laugh, so I thought I'd share...

10 comments:

  1. Cool owl, I did not notice it at first glance either. Nice to begin your year with a post card. I showed my sons the postcard from you which I received Dec. 30, with the glorious trees in snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, as my postcrossing profile wishlist mentions both art and owls, obviously the sender had put some thought into their choice :)

      Delete
  2. Funnily enough, the owl was the first thing I noticed! (Of course I saw the cabin, too...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, my first glance was when emptying my postbox (down in the entrance) and then I was just happy to see a postcard among the bills and whatnot!

      Delete
  3. Yes, the owl was the first thing I noticed too, then I took in the whole picture. I think it looks hand painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, at my first hasty glance I took it for a photo card - but the owl is definitely painted; and as soon as I saw that, I also changed my mind about the background ;) There is no printed text on the back to reveal the artist or printer/publisher, though. Now I'm wondering if possibly the background could originally be a photo, then edited in some computer program to look like a painting, then the owl added on top of that... Either way, it's cleverly done!

      Delete
  4. I saw the owl first thing, maybe because I like to add and subtract things. I like that cabin. odd the door is on the slant side and not on the high or flat side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I did not think about the door, but the cabin is obviously built on a hillside. If they'd put the door on the other side that we can see, they'd have had to build steps leading up to it. On the side, it looks like they only needed one big flagstone.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...