Thursday 12 January 2023

So Long, Farewell...

No, don't worry - I'm not going anywhere. Just said goodbye to these little guys today, putting them in hibernation until next Christmas. Photo taken when they were all gathered on my kitchen table, waiting to be wrapped and packed into their box...

   

The electric candles and stars in my windows will be staying up for another week or so, though. Besides still being dark and rainy outdoors (so that I prefer keeping the window lights for a bit longer), today painters got started on painting the walls and ceilings etc in my entrance and stairwell... Which means just now is not a good time to be running in and out of the flat (like down to the basement storage room) more than necessary...!

7 comments:

  1. They are adorable! I especially like the cute little red tree. Does it have a name? I would like to look for one on Amazon. They have so many different kinds of trees, though, so it would be good to know what type to call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I bought my red tree around two decades ago in an ordinary Swedish department store, and it's quite anonymous. I've always thought of it of it as German, though, as it is of that style (classic German wooden toys). So I tried googling now - and am happy to report that you'll find similar trees at Amazon under the heading German Wooden Christmas. (Warning: among a thousand or so other cute items that you might feel tempted to buy as well...)

      Delete
  2. Phew! I'm glad the "so long, farewell, good-bye" only refers to your Christmas things and not to you/your blog :-D
    We're in for a cold spell; by Sunday afternoon, temperatures are forecast to drop quite a bit, and there will be snow above 500 m, which means the hills of the Black Forest will all be white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if I scared you, Meike - I figured the photo would give a clue ;-) Still raining here, and likely to continue over the weekend, it seems.

      Delete
  3. You'll miss their company! Then when the next festive season arrives we'll all marvel at how quickly the time has passed. We'll say "it doesn't seem like two minutes since I packed these away"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was time for them to go beddy bye, Carol, and I don't think I'll really be missing their presence around my flat until next December ;-)

      Delete
  4. Amy, luckily I have no lack of reading material :)

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...