Monday 16 October 2023

Autumn At Its Best

 

After a period of wet and windy weather, today turned into a sunny October day with clear blue sky and glorious golden colours... I decided to walk into town for a couple of minor errands. Above is "my entrance" to the old cemetery where I go for almost daily walks - I also usually walk across it when going into town. 


So many leaves covering the ground now that I've lost the urge to pick them up! ;-)


 


The river still like a mirror today. 

 

 “Fall colors are funny. They’re so bright and intense and beautiful. It’s like nature is trying to fill you up with color, to saturate you so you can stockpile it before winter turns everything muted and dreary.” – Siobhan Vivian.

“Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg

“If I were a bird, I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns.”- George Eliot

 

14 comments:

  1. I love the colors of leaves you are finding, especially the ones on the ground, they are a symphony of color. God is a wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, sunny autumn days like this is my favourite time of year :-)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous walk - it all looks so beautiful. A perfect Autumn day to remember through the chilly winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you live in such a beautiful place, I'm loving the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i Like the way the sun paints the first two photos, the trees are neon yellow. awesome and those leaves on the ground are awe inspiring.. makes me want to make them crackle by walking in them. the cemetary is always beautiful even with snow. what a great day for walking and snapping photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, yesterday was indeed a good day both for photos and for enjoying the crackling sound of walking through dry leaves on the ground!

      Delete
  5. My town's cemeteries are full of autumn colours right now, too. How good to have them close enough to incorporate them into daily walks or when we need to go somewhere for an errand!
    As for trees needing encouragement to grow new leaves in the spring - I think they will happily do that without any interference, as long as they get enough water :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, you're right of course - it's probably more for our own sake that it may be a good idea to keep whispering encouragment to the trees throughout the winter! ;-)

      Delete
  6. I envy your your glorious fall colours which seem to last for so long. This is our time of gales and so many Autumn leaves disappear too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, it does seem to me too that we've had rather a long period of glorious autumn colours this year. To what degree that is a fact or just "in the eye of the beholder", I dare not say, though!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...