Sunday 8 October 2023

Autumn Continues

 

The temperature dropped rather drastically yesterday. While it was sunny in the daytime I took the opportunity to remove the plastic floor mats from my balcony - newly "washed" by a night of heavy rain, so hung them on the railing for a while, and then rolled them up and took them in to dry in my bathroom for a day or two before I take them down to the basement for winter storage... (Also made a bit of an effort to sweep/mop the balcony floor after, although the result of that is not likely to last very long...) 

Before I went to bed last night, the outdoors temperature had dropped all the way down to +2°C (35°F), so then I also hastened to  take in my two geranium plants, which were the two flowering plants I had left out there. Probably a good thing that I did, because this morning the lawns outside were covered with frost (for the first time this season).

This afternoon, I once again passed by the bench where I made my little "autumn collage" the other day. Rain and wind had now removed one more leaf and the chestnut on top of it. I decided to replace them! (We have a saying in Swedish that goes something like "you don't have more fun than you create yourself"...)



8 comments:

  1. I am having almost as much fun with your collage as you are. it is pretty amazing it is stying there with the cold, rain and wind... the first photo is so pretty it looks like fake trees. fall has more than arrived. brrrr on those temps. way to cold for me. no like da frost part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I quite like this time of year - as long as I don't have to be up and out too early (or too late)... ;-)

      Delete
  2. Your first photo of the trees is so pretty! And your geranium is beautiful; I love the color. I'm glad you are continuing to change and improve your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, now I'm getting interested to see how long it may last... (lol)

      Delete
  3. In contrast to your part of the world, we're still having warm days and (relatively) mild nights - although we've had early mornings as cold as 6C, which makes coat and scarf necessary for my way to work. By mid-afternoon, it gets so warm you want to throw everything off :-)
    I like it that you have decided to keep your temporary collage going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, we do tend to have a somewhat longer "winter" season up here than you do "down there"... So far only risk of frost in the nighttime though, I think (and in clear weather).

      Delete
  4. Your collage has lasted very well, and your additions have kept it looking very fresh.
    The geraniums look very healthy, will you be able to keep them alive over the winter, now they are indoors?
    Yesterday afternoon we had a high of 31ºC, and it was only a few degrees lower at bedtime, so too hot for the early evening dog walk. This morning on the dog walk, it was a very pleasant 19º around 8:30 a.m.. It's now 24º, so not too hot to potter outdoors, though it seems to warm up mid afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, whether the geraniums will survive the winter indoors remains to be seen. I don't have any really good place to keep them during their "winter rest" (when they're not making anyone happy to look at), so usually end up buying new ones in the spring...

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...