Monday 13 November 2023

It's All in the Details...


Since I bought the new phone back in spring, I haven't been using my separate camera as much. Yesterday I brought the Sony on my walk, though, and one thing i'ts definitely better at is zooming. I would not have been able to zoom in the fruit on this (crab-) apple tree with the phone...

 

 
Framing skies is another thing the Sony camera is better at.



Today both cameras got to take a rest, as I had a haircut appointment, and did not have time to stop for photos on my walk into town.


My fringe is shorter and the rest of my hair alas also a bit thinner - but on the whole, not a bad effort from AI to illustrate my visit to the hairdresser. (At least this time more flattering than weird!) :-)

On my way back home, I popped in to book an appointment with my optician; and got a time for that tomorrow. I have a feeling that at least one eye has changed a bit since my last checkup a couple of years ago. My eyes seem to be getting more tired lately from reading and "screen time". And as that is rather a big chunk of my life, if new glasses can help, it may be worth it... (I did not stay to try out frames today, though, but will await the result of the eye examination.)



14 comments:

  1. i like the 3rd sky photo the best, those low lying white clouds at the bottom are beautiful. I prefer a camera, but i prefer the DSLR, not crazy about the two point and shoots. true about the zoom. cell phones don't do well on picking out one thing, on zoom. even the expensive iPhone i use doesn't like the zoom. i like the AI creation but you knew i woul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, my Sony is not a DSLR but it does have a separate viewfinder in addition to the screen, which is helpful sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Those last two sky photos are so cool. I like the big dense clouds way down low, so different from the rest of the clouds. Now I want to see your haircut. Let me know how much your eyes have changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, my hair looks just the same now as after my last haircut (first blog post in September).

      Delete
  3. You know that I love skyscapes, and yours are really good!
    The zoomed in crabapple is good, too. I have tried to show the bauble-like fruit on some shrubs and trees I walked past on Friday, but they are not as detailed (and of course those pictures were all taken with my old mobile phone).
    Two years ago was your last eye check? Lucky you! I have regular checks scheduled every three months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, it seems more frequent checkups are in my future as well now - starting with a referral from the optician to an eye doctor. (And probably a cataract op somewhere down the line...)

      Delete
    2. If I may be so bold, I'd advise you to have the cataract op rather sooner than later. I had one in 2021 on my left eye; the right eye was "lasered" four weeks later not because it had a cataract, too, but to make them both as similar as possible, facilitating what input from the optic nerves my brain gets.
      I am so glad I had that done, and it was not complicated at all. The actual OP lasted only minutes.

      Delete
    3. Meike, "somewhere down the line" just means I don't know yet. The referral for now is just for further examination and I don't even know when that will be.

      Delete
  4. You can't beat a good sky picture and yours are excellent. The camera makes such a difference to detail.
    The other evening on the dog walk, I noticed that the sea had turned the most beautiful silvery pink in the setting sun. I used my phone camera to capture the scene but it's just a tiny strip and hardly noticeable, even when it's enlarged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it's certainly not always that the camera is able to quite capture a scene just as we experienced it!

      Delete
  5. I liked the crab apple tree montage. I particularly liked the middle sky photo - because of the composition as well as the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Graham. I too like the middle sky photo best out of those three. (I moved my own position a few steps between each of those photos.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm due for a haircut next week. I've found that finding a good hairdresser is like finding gold, it's hard to find one that doesn't hack at your hair who listens to what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I agree. I went to one for many years and then when she retired I felt quite "lost" for a while before I found my present one.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...