Sunday 26 November 2023

Shadow Shot Sunday

Days are short here now, and even in the middle of the day the sun does not rise all that high over the horizon... Which also affects when and how it shines in through my windows, and what objects it hits when it does.

The bookcase in my living room

Two items on the wall in my study... The cross was a gift from an elderly relative of a friend of mine, with whom we + another friend spent a night on a holiday trip way back in 1977. (She gave each of us a different gift from her "collections".) The picture below the cross is my own framed photo of someone else's artwork on an outdoor exhibition, probably over a decade ago now. (One of several stone slabs with words on them, in the lawn in a park). 


My own outdoors shadow today at 2 pm


Linking to Shadow Shot Sunday

SSS2 badge

14 comments:

  1. Those are all very nice shadow shots. I like the self-shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Such tall shadows now in the low sun... ;-)

      Delete
  2. I like your bookshelf, mine isn't anywhere near as big as that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, "my home is my library"... That's just one of several bookshelves! ;-)

      Delete
  3. We were of a similar mind; I took a shadow reflection picture on my bedroom closet door yesterday. This is the season of long shadows outside for both of us. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bookworm, thanks for visiting. I just had a look at your Shadow Shot post and say your long shadows too...

      Delete
  4. you know from years of friendship, how much i love sun paintings. the sun changes the way things look, love the book case, and that I AM, ARE! wow, don't remember seeing that before. awesome shadow shot.. this is the time of year my kitchen lights up, while the sun moves each day and points out different things. 2 pm is early for that much of a slanted shot of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, yes I know you have an eye for this kind of thing... ♥

      Delete
  5. I love it when the sun lights up different areas in my rooms, places that often are not the most prominent ones to look at. And this autumn, we are having precious few hours of sunshine, so they are all the more to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, yes, the 'visits' from the sun are both rare and short this time of year, but all the more welcome. (In summer on the other hand I periodically seem to spend my days behind closed curtains and blinds to try and keep the heat out...)

      Delete
  6. Your sunlit bookcase is so neat, and on the photo I notice there seems to be some ground frost highlighted by your shadow, but it's still a lovely sunny day.
    It's only during the winter months that the sun is low enough, or allowed, to shine deep into rooms here. It makes everywhere indoors seem so much brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Keen observation about the shadow highlighting the frost on the ground - I hadn't actually paid attention to that myself, but you're right!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...