Tuesday 21 November 2023

Santa is Tired Already

Today I had to go the shopping centre "across town" for an item I could not buy in the city centre. (A spare filter for a specific device.) After I had got my main errand over with, I also went for a bit of a stroll in one of the enclosed shopping malls. I didn't buy anything, but I snapped a few photos of their Christmas decorations...


Santa's sleigh was parked in the middle of the complex, but Santa himself and his reindeer were nowhere to be seen...  Perhaps gone shopping??


Oops, there's Rudolph - looking a bit lost ... Did he come down the chimney on his own?!


And here's Santa, snoring away on a bed in the next room... Shopping can be exhausting!

As I had nothing heavy to carry, I walked all the way back home. Good weather for it in that there was no icy wind blowing - but it was a very grey day, so the only photo I took was this one (below) of a mural that really stands out all the better on just such a day as this: overcast, all the leaves gone from the trees, and the river still like a mirror...

In case anyone is wondering, the "device" is an air purifier I bought back in spring; which proved helpful for my asthma, especially during the worst allergy season. (It has a very quiet night mode, which means I can have it turned on in my bedroom during the night without being disturbed by it. And yet at the same time it also serves a bit like a fan.)

Yesterday it started beeping, though - which is its way to say "My filter is worn out!"

Old filter, new filter

12 comments:

  1. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the santa and sleigh and all that is shown. good job rudolph, getting those antlers down the chimney. that mural is gorgeous and now we have any and all things that tell us when to get what. bob's hearing aid plays a song loud enough i can hear it in the other rooom. badda ba booom, badd ba boom. and I yell down the hall. you need a battery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I guess as long as we're able to figure out what the signals from our different appliances mean, then it's helpful. When we don't know, on the other hand, it may drive us crazy...! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Good for Santa to have a rest - he'll be very busy soon enough!
    Like you, I sometimes enjoy a stroll in a shopping mall just to look at decorations, not because I actually intend to buy anything.
    There are still leaves on the trees here, and I also had a "grey" but pleasant walk yesterday.
    The mural looks very Kandinsky-ish, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I have to confess myself not familiar with Kandinsky (had to look him up). The mural in my photo (painted for one of our street art festivals, in 2017) is by an American artist JM Rizzi. (Had to do a bit of googling to find that out as well, it's not a name that has stuck with me...)

      Delete
  3. I know just how Santa feels. I could do with a snooze right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks very festive!
    I went into town yesterday to take the dog to the vet. After the indignities she suffered (she had her temperature taken and various other parts prodded and poked) I took her for a short walk into town as a treat. It's the first time she had been and I hadn't been for ages. It doesn't seem very Christmassy - yet, and I know the standard of decorations will be way below those in your mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I always have difficulties imagining Christmas (Nordic/British/American style) feeling "quite the same" in warmer climates...

      Delete
  5. Sleeping is awesome though. So nice to be off in dreamland. The Christmas decorations have been up here for over a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, maybe Santa is dreaming of a White Christmas ;-) That we don't have hear yet, in this part of Sweden. (Wednesday and Thursday have been stormy but with rain rather than snow...)

      Delete
  6. I've started my minimal decorations. Found a remnant of cloth with red cadinals against holly, and hung it as a temporary curtain across the bottom of a "frosted" window...where I see it rather than those outside. Thanks for sharing all these decorations at the mall. I like the reflected mural too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, I will be starting my own decorations next week.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...