Sunday 13 May 2012

Convertible

CIMG8110-001

CIMG8111-001

CIMG8111-002

Last Sunday I came upon this beauty parked among all the typical family cars outside the supermarket. I’m embarrassingly hopeless at identifying cars – but surely this must be a Cadillac, right?? Coward that I am, I didn’t dare go too close (like lean in to take photos of the interior) – fearing I might set off an alarm or something! … ;)

http://youtu.be/Qe6UpGFlRGM

Cadillac – Hep Stars*

I’m dedicating this post especially to two of my blogging friends: Eva of Eva Ason’s Art who paints charming water colours of old cars (among other things) – and GB who might be missing his “handbag” (recently having returned from New Zealand to his other home in the Hebrides).

* The Hep Stars was a successful Swedish rock groups in the 1960s; outside the Nordic countries probably  best known as a launching point for keyboard player and composer Benny Andersson, who went on to enjoy worldwide success with ABBA. 

They were the first pop stars I “worshipped” back in my pre-teens … ;)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beauty...and yes it IS a cadillac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, its a Cadillac. i feel the same way about getting close to cars. bob had one like this, not a convertible, it was a 64 cadillac and we sold it to buy a bed since we did not have one. it was living in the garage and being collected. he still mourns selling it and that was 27 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real beauty! It looks so long like it goes on forever. Yes, I think it is a Cadillac. That song sounds just a bit familiar. We LOVE Abba!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's one impressive vehicle. No wonder Sandra's Bob still regrets selling one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know the name, it is a sports car and it is MINE. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Monica! I would certainly be missing The Handbag if it wasn't for the totally unsuitable weather we are having here in the UK at the moment. And, yes, the car is a real gem!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...