Wednesday 23 May 2012

S for Swedish Summer

ABC WednesdayCIMG8550-001

CIMG8549-001

Suddenly, we have Summer. Strolling into town yesterday afternoon I found people spread out on the lawns in the park. Just as it should be on a day like that.

Hard to believe that only five days ago I was still using my winter jacket because there were such chilly winds blowing. The last couple of nights it’s still been around 21°C outside on my balcony late late in the evening… Last night I stepped outside barefoot for a breath or two just before I went to bed. The damp evening air  enhancing the fragrances from my plants (see previous post), the neighbourhood all quiet, all to be heard was the sound of a soft wind brushing the leaves of the big trees nearby… And I suddenly realised how much  I miss that soothing sound in the winter.

The photos below are from the park in among the buildings where I live (just a minute or two away):

CIMG8522

CIMG8523

CIMG8527

CIMG8524

The crab apple trees have burst out in blossoms over the last couple of days too.

  CIMG8531

CIMG8530

There are a few gazebos here and there as well, if you want to seek shelter from sun/wind/rain.

12 comments:

  1. i like the crab apple blooms, so beautiful and i would like to walk barefoot in that brilliant green grass under the trees, all those flowers in the grass, a perfect place for a walk or sitting down. happy happy for you that your have your summer breezes and smells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful, I can almost smell the apple blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, SUMMER seems to be here already!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. The close-up of the crab apple blossoms is so beautiful!
    It was similar here; we went in the space of only a few days from winter-coat-cold to barelegged warmth. Needless to say I prefer the latter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo delightful!

    S is for..
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's about time, finally YEAH!!!! The park is beautifully landscaped and I love the little gardens. And these trees, wow, an emerald joy to walk through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are still wearing jackets (most of the time) here in Vancouver, but when you described Stepping out barefoot, I could feel Summer. Your park doesn't look so different from the one that is beside my apartment. Lots of vibrant greens and beautiful blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a cynic I wouldn't put your winter jacket away just yet but it does look lovely at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love Swedish summer. And I might even put my winter coat away... Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My winter coats and jackets have been 'put away', but not very far away. They're still in a wardrobe in the flat, just not hanging by the door ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blossom trees. I'm not sure if I should say this, but I don't even own any winter jackets! Sorry if this sounds smug :( Even tho we have lived here so many years I never get over the wonderful climate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The delicate colours in the blossoms are beautiful and the greens are so fresh at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...