Saturday 8 July 2017

Postcards for the Weekend - Night Views

 
 Lujiazui (Lokatse) - financial district of Shanghai, China
 Postcrossing card from China, June 2017


Postcrossing card from Russia, June 2017
Artist: Mori Raito

Conveniently, my two most recently received post crossing cards happen to fit this week's theme - each in its own way...

I've not been able to find any details about the artist Mori Raito, but more images can be found by googling the name.
 
Weekend Linky Party: 
Postcards for the Weekend 44: City View (night time)

This week's linky seems not to be up yet, but I'm posting this anyway;
Saturday afternoon European time...



9 comments:

  1. These are both extraordinary. And the Russian one is so magical and whimsical. I am wondering if the scene is from a book. Maybe children's or fantasy. I like the China one, too. Two completely beautiful, yet different postcards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no info on the card to say whether it belongs in a context.

      Delete
  2. I am wondering how he made the little houses look like real light is coming from the windows..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artist is indeed making clever use of contrasts.

      Delete
  3. The blue whales in the second postcard fascinate me but the first card is really very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those whales must be just about as rare as flying pigs, don't you think, Graham? ;)

      Delete
  4. From a photographer's perspective, I am fascinated by the thought of how the first picture(s) was taken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that when I got it, Violet - but now I do! Surely it must be taken from inside a car?

      Delete
  5. Indeed I also find it convenient when I get fresh postcards that fit the upcoming theme(s) for the linky. Thanks so much for sharing your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...