Friday 28 January 2022

A Bookish Challenge

A friend posted a challenge on Facebook which I found quite amusing, so I thought I'd pass it on here, together with my answers. I don't know who originally came up with the questions. But it actually turned out easier than I thought to find answers to them among the titles of books I read or listened to during 2021 ;-)  

How about you? 


Can you answer the following questions
using the titles of books you read last year?

DESCRIBE YOURSELF
A Proper Person to be Detained (Catherine Czerkawska)

HOW ARE YOU?
Silent Tears (Kay Bratt)

DESCRIBE THE PLACE YOU LIVE IN
The Place of the Lion (Charles Williams)

IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
A Promised Land (Barack Obama)

YOUR FAVOURITE MEANS OF TRANSPORT
The Joy and Light Bus Company (Alexander McCall Smith)

YOUR BEST FRIENDS
Remarkable Creatures (Tracey Chevalier)

WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
Bitter Winds (Kay Bratt)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENT OF THE DAY?
Red Skies (Kay Bratt)

WHAT IS LIFE FOR YOU?
The Art of Inheriting Secrets (Barbara O'Neal)

YOUR FEAR?
The Essex Serpent (Sarah Perry)

WHAT IS A PIECE OF ADVICE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN?
How to Raise an Elephant (Alexander McCall Smith)

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY?
The Truth in Our Lies (Eliza Graham)

HOW YOU WOULD WISH TO DIE?
Death Beside the Seaside (T.E. Kinsey)

THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR SOUL?
True to Me (Kay Bratt)

YOUR DREAM?
Equal Rites (Terry Pratchett)



6 comments:

  1. I've seen this one on another blog in 2021, I believe, referring to what the blogger had been reading in 2020. It's a fun meme, and I like your answers!
    I have probably not read anywhere near enough to answer them myself, but I could try, could I :-)
    Maybe I will next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I suppose you could make up your own rules and allow yourself to use titles from 2020 as well :)

      Delete
  2. That is a fun meme. I like your answer to the first question, LOL. I see Alexander McCall Smith's books appear twice, I love that writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, those two titles both belong in the No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, and I listened to them as audio books towards the end of 2021. I have read some books in his other series as well but the Botswana one is my favourite and the only one where I think I've read them all (most of them borrowed from the library, but these two I bought via Audible).

      Delete
  3. I'll need to look back in my Kindle library before I tackle this one! Since the latest enforced "updates" by Amazon, it's not so easy to decipher which are books added last year, this year, or pre 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CG, I keep a separate list of books that I read on my computer. Without that I wouldn't have remembered half the titles I used in this meme :)

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...