Saturday 5 August 2023

Reality Check


This message unexpectedly turned up on my screen the other day -  I think while I was trying to log into a hotel booking site. It took them a while (long enough for me to be able to grab the camera to snap the shot abouve), but eventually I was let in. So I suppose I must have passed the test!

'We are currently checking if you are human' - images by Bing (AI)

To retaliate, I later gave Bing the same message. They responded with various photos of masked people holding up signs in 'Gibberish' - plus the weird-looking man on the left whose face looks like it's been put together from two different photos.

I also asked Bing for illustrations of a woman making holiday plans. This was the best of those. There are no weird-looking airplanes (or palm trees) involved in my holiday dreams - but I'm very likely to need the umbrella.

The plan is that my brother will drive down here in a couple of days, and then we also hope to go off on a little trip together to the west coast (with one night away, which needed to be booked). We're still having very rainy weather though, so our plans still depend a bit on how the weather forecasts develop...

Swedish West Coast according to Bing

Anyway - if you don't see me around in the Blog World as much as usual next week, it may be beacuse I've managed to sneak off on adventures "out of town" for a change. (I don't quite believe it until I see it!)

8 comments:

  1. I hope the weather will be good and you and your brother have a great time. This man that Bing created surely does look like a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip, whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip, and fingers crossed that the weather is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you blog about your road trips with your brother and am already looking forward to those posts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a 4 hour adventure yesterday, involving 140 pound dog, a horse, pig, cow, 2 danes, chickens, 3 cousins. i love your bing playtime. i have not touched bing in a week. i may be coming down with something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for your comments. My brother arrived last night as planned. Today has been very rainy and windy and we only took a tour across town, visited a local art museum + bought myself a pair of 'wellingtons'... Tomorrow we intend to go ahead with our planned trip, even if the start of it is likely to still be rainy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I know that you did get away but I'm fascinated by your use of 'Bing'. I vaguely remembered the name Bing but I couldn't fathom out your use of it. Anyway having Googled it I now understand that it's Microsoft's equivalent of Google but with some AI frills (if I've read it correctly). Fascinating - if rather weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I had had several 'Bing' AI discussions with other blog friends preceding this post. I'm not all that impressed myself so far - at least not with images created as response to my own instructions. (Too many really weird results, at least when involving people. It obviously still has a lot of "issues, especially with people handling or holding various objects, and the position of (...and even the right number of...) legs, arms and fingers...

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...