Monday 7 October 2024

A Quiet Day

 

Today I haven't heard a sound from above (cf previous post). A bit of sudden noise from downstairs made me jump - but that turned out to just be from refurbishment work being carried out in the flat below (just now empty waiting for new tenants).

It's been a mostly grey day, but no rain, and I got out for a walk after lunch as usual. Autumn colours in progress...


I have washed out the empty plant pots from the balcony, and taken those + plastic floor mats, parasols and my chair down to the basement storage room. (Should I still want to sit there for a few minutes on a sunny afternoon, there is a wooden bench that I keep out there all year round.) The 'privacy' trellis screen with the fake leaves that I bought back in spring will stay up until November, I think. A box of strawberry plants is still on the railing, too. (It will later go into hibernation under the bench, which will in turn be covered with a tarpaulin for winter. But no need to do that before November either.) 

Indoors weather is predicted for later in the week. I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday - just now it looks like I might manage that without getting too wet; but that of course remains to be seen. Then they say storm Kirk is going to hit us on Thursday/Friday. Probably in a somewhat weakened state compared to further south in Europe, though.


3 comments:

  1. What is this gorgeous yellow tree? So quiet upstairs, maybe he killed them all. Just KIDDING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The remnants of yet another hurricane on its way. It seems never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know about Kirk, seems the entire planet is being plagued with storms, fires,tornados and soon snow... glad its still quiet.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...