Friday 16 April 2021

Learn How


I've been getting this message on my Blogger dashboards. I don't really know what Feedburner does - I wasn't aware I was using it. I'm not sure I even really know what a "feed" is. (I asked Google but gave up trying to understand the full answer.) 

I do get that the message above involves the "Follow by Email" widget in my sidebar, though, and that this is going to stop working in July.




Whether anyone ever actually used this widget to follow my blog, I have no idea.   

So I clicked Learn how (in the message above), which took me to another message:

I don't know what a CSV is. Nor where I was meant to click Analyze. I tried FeedBurner Help (in a corner of that "how to" page). I found one Analyze there under Feed Services. But no Subscribers, Email Subscriptions, Subscriber List, Details, Export, or CSV.

Maybe no one ever used that widget to follow my blog by email. I have no idea, and I'm not going to spend any more time on trying to figure it out. This is just to inform anyone who might have been fed such emails, that they will soon stop coming... (Hopefully, that's the only change involved.)

 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I saw this. One of my followers asked me to put it on awhile ago, so she won't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did all of the above and decided i just don't care. i think it means only that the widget will not be working and I only have 2 that follow by email. it also means we can't get our post emailed to us or comments emailed to us. you don't do that so it will not matter. it will matter to those of us who read comments and answer from email. email is now out of fashion, that is why they are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, my impression was that it did not affect comment emails, only the subscription of getting new posts, using that sidebar widget. I have to admit I found the information hard to understand, though. I know there are other problems with email notification of comments but whether that has anything to do with Feedburner, I don't know. (?)

      Delete
  3. PS. I have now removed the "Follow by Email" widget from my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You actually need visit https://feedburner.google.com , login with your blogger Gmail, then click one of the "FEED TITLE" in main table. Then it goto dashboard. Click "Analyze" first tab(Actually default already focus). Click "Subscribers" on left panel. Click "FeedBurner Email Subscriptions" on bottom to expand "Manage Your Email Subscriber List" option. Click that option. Now you can see subscribers table and "Export: CSV" link above. Click that "CSV" link to download .csv files which contains list of your subscribers in "Email,Subscribed,Status" format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Those instructions were a lot clearer than Feedburner's own messages. Seems like I have more email subscribers than I was ever aware of... I may look for another similar service to replace Feedburner.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...