Tuesday 20 September 2022

More Autumn Colours


Autumn is still in progress, slowly changing the colours in nature.


Some trees have turned more yellow than others.


Flower bed in autumn colours along the river in the city park.


The water lilies are still in bloom, and like Monet I never grow tired of them... ;-)



Sunset clouds from by balcony (Sunday evening)

Yesterday I took down my two parasols from the balcony rail - the afternoon sun is no longer so hot that I need them. Gradually I'll also be taking in some other items from out there; but no need for that just yet.

Last week I also started shifting some clothes between the wardrobes in my flat and my storage room in the basement. Not all of my clothes go through that procedure - only the most wintry vs the most summery items. But the time has definitely come when I'm not going to wear shorts or sleeve-less dresses again until next summer; and I may soon find myself needing a thicker jacket on a windy day. Plus, I have to confess it's also a good idea to do a seasonal inventory of what I already have, before I might get tempted to buy something new - only to realize later that oh yeah, right, I already had something rather similar... ;-)


7 comments:

  1. everything still looks so beautiful. love the storm cloud. you are right, know what you have and what you need. you still have some of your birthday gift to spend. remeber that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember, Sandra. I may look in at that shop again when I go to get my 5th covid vaccination, as the place for that is nearby. Haven't booked a time for that yet but will be doing so soon.

      Delete
  2. The water lilies are still so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture could have been taken here yesterday, with its mix of sun and heavy clouds. After the rain of the last two weeks or so, the woods here look amazingly green again, but it is definitely autumn now, there is no denying.
    I will also shift a few things around in my wardrobe when I return home; those short shorts and very light tops and dresses won‘t be needed for many months now.
    Last night the temperature here dropped to 2 or 3 Celsius - not far from the first night frosts. And today is the autumn equinox…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meike, early this morning it was around 3'C here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful autumn colours - something I miss here - we just don't get the change of seasons or the stunning foliage colours. Last night it was a "cool" 23ºC and this morning it's an overcast 24ºC.
    Those water lilies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CG, I think I'd find it very odd not to have the change of seasons I'm used to.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...