Saturday 10 September 2022

The Queen

Shortly before I heard the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II, I had been sorting through some cards that I received for my birthday two weeks ago, and had just decided to also keep this envelope that came with one of them:


I've had penfriends in Britain ever since way back in my teens; and looking at this envelope again, it suddenly struck me how weird it will be to see the Queen's face on the British stamps replaced with that of King Charles III!

I'm so glad she got to do her Platinum Jubilee, though.

2 comments:

  1. I love the video with the Queen and Paddington. I never wanted it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a much longer version of the video...and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...