Sunday 21 May 2023

More from the Spring Market

 Yesterday (Saturday), I went back for another peek at the Spring Market, this time with my 'proper' camera - which hasn't got to be out and about much since I bought the new phone. I also took some photos along the way downtown (choosing a different walk than on Friday).


Lilacs are now in bloom...


 

And rhododendron at one of the entrances to the City Park.





 

Strawberries were sold in more than one stall. Probably all imported though, because I don't think the Swedish ones are ripe yet. (I did not buy any as I was not going straight home and did not want to carry them around with me...)  

 


I also passed on the chance of trying out what I might look like with pink or blue hair...




One pedestrian street was lined with 'flea market' tables selling all kinds of stuff.



Looking up at the church on the hill behind.

Looking back towards the main square.

I decided to walk on towards the University though (with more rhododendron and trees in bloom outside to tempt my camera). And having gone that far, I decided I might as well also look in at the Textile Museum while I was in the neighbourhood anyway... 

Just across the road - and railway...

 



 My favourite sculpture, The House of Knowledge by Jaume Plensa (...again...)

... But I think I'll save the photos from inside the Textile Museum, and the way back home, for another post! ...

11 comments:

  1. You really "went to town" - literally :-)
    I know I have said this before, but your town really looks like a good place to live, no matter whether someone is a student, working or retired, lives on their own or with family. It is a lively, clean looking place, with an administration that obviously cares well for it in the sphere of what they can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I've not seen the town square as lively as this since before the pandemic, and sunny weather always helps... I'm afraid that of old, the town still has a national reputation for being both rainy and dull. The rainy part has statistics to support it, the label 'dull' more unfair nowadays and I think still sticking since the times when it was dominated by industries. Just driving through it also still doesn't impress much. But during my 35+ years living here a lot has been done to improve the experience of walking in the city centre and along the river.

      Delete
  2. That looks more like summer than spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JC, not only looks but also feels like summer just now!

      Delete
  3. I think my favorite is the second one of the Lilac Bush. Also the train is so interesting. The market was really bustling! I think I would have left with an empty wallet. Those wigs are so cool! I would have tried on several, and maybe bought one. We have a young woman at church who is an artist and expert in color design. She just lost all her hair from chemo. And she got such a pretty lavender wig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, these wigs looked extremely synthetic though...

      Delete
  4. You really have had a long spell of glorious weather lately. The plants and trees look healthy and verdant and I, too, particularly like the Lilac.
    The sculpture never ceases to amaze me - it is so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, the month of May has been very sunny so far, yes. And they're watering the park and the cemeteries almost daily now. Some rain may be on the way though.

      Delete
  5. this is also my favorite sculpture and if I lived within walking distance I would have a thousands pics of it. the lilacs are so pretty. I LOVE THE TRAIN, the train and the photo. the lines and the yellow and of course the train. If i lived within walking distance of all the things you show us, i would put out the cash for a real camera...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, My 'real camera' is small and not super advanced, but it has two major advantages over the one in the phone. It has gradual zoom, and also a pop-up viewfinder that I can use if I want to, for example in strong sunlight and for zooming. My new phone camera is better than my old one, but it can only zoom in a few pre-set steps.

      Delete
  6. I like all the photos, there is so much to see, I think I'd have fun trying on the different coloured wigs.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...