Thursday 25 May 2023

Spring Turning To Early Summer

Some more photos from last Saturday - taken on the way back home from my visit to first the Spring Market and then the Textile Museum. First following the river for while (some photos taken looking back rather than in the direction I was walking).

Looking back

 



Looking back

 


Looking back

This is a new 'square' (open place) by the river - it was inaugurated last autumn and I think I may have posted some photos of it then, including the sculpture below. There will be restaurants/cafés opening in a nearby building which will probably bring a bit more "life" to the place in summer. It's been named The Post Square because the main post office used to be located there in the past.


Horse Chestnut trees in bloom now.




Ferns uncurling (from the first of two old cemeteries I walked across after leaving the riverside)


And in the cemetery closer to home, the azaleas were just starting to burst into bloom:





12 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing photos of your town (city?). You are fortunate to live in such a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JayCee. In Swedish we have only one word for both ("stad"), so I'm not always sure whether to use town or city in English. I think we qualify as a city these days though: Around 75 000 inhabitants in the urban area, 114 000 in the whole municipality including countryside and villages on the outskirts.

      Delete
  2. Just this morning during an online meeting with a colleague, we were talking about how much we love this time of year. My colleague said he just wished those few glorious weeks in May would last longer, and suggested we look for a country with an 8-month spring, and then move there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, not that I'm thinking of moving, but I'd be interested to know where such a country is to be found... ;-)

      Delete
  3. when looking at real estate for sale on line, they have a 360 degree viewer. that would be perfect for your walk. love the look backs as much as the moving forwards. the artwork brought tears in my eyes when i read it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I know my camera can create a panorama of sorts, but it does not stretch to 360 degrees... ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love this tour! The big fern in the center reminds me of a seahorse, don't you think? Great Horse Chestnut photos! Now that I know what they look like in bloom, I will be looking everywhere for them. Because I don't ever remember seeing them. Now it will be easier to maybe find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, I'm not sure if you have this tree over there, according to Wikipedia it's also called "European horsechestnut". The Latin name is Aesculus hippocastanum.

      Delete
  5. I read that sign, it's nice to see it there, I'm one of those people that finds words like that hard to accept. Looks like you're having some nice warm weather there, and lots to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, it's a beautiful time of year, offering an explosion of colour as contrast to the long winter months behind us.

      Delete
  6. Your photos are outstanding in this post, the lush ferns, the chestnut tree, the serene river and the sign saying we are welcome and loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra. I love exercising my camera on days like that! :)

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...